Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This is why we're the good guys

If you want the reason we're the good guys in this whole Mets-Phillies rivalry (it's there, don't try to fight it) I have a thousand words for you:

John Maine is our good guy. Looking for a picture I found this article from Miracle Mets. I'm assuming the outrage has subsided. He has been an outstanding pitcher this year, and from all we're hearing about him this spring he's a great guy.

At Church of the Fonz we hear of his lengthy autograph session, sense of humor, and appetite for batting practice jerseys.

A story from a couple weeks ago details what a bright guy he is over at mets.com. And even though he is very intellegent, he's just a little behind the times technologically speaking.

But here are the best stories about John Maine. While Cole Hamels whines about his half a mil "low blow" John Maine accepts it for what it is. "I'm thankful for everything I make in this league" he told the New York Post. "I'm lucky to be doing this for a living."

Isn't this the kind of guy you want on your team. He's smart and humble, and he won 15 games last year.

I'll take him over Cole Hamel$ and Brett "that'll teach 'er" Myers any day.

No comments: