Thursday, April 10, 2008

Enough's enough, I've suffered and I've seen the light

You're my Angel, come and save me tonight. You're my Angel, come and make it all right.

Walk-off hit for the Mets' best hitter in the clutch this year. What else did you expect? Pagan leads the team in RBI right now, and has a nifty .370 batting average. It's early, but still this is encouraging. He may not have Moises' pop, but he (along with Ryan Church) are driving in the runs right now. And he's racking up the hits, when pitchers are usually ahead of hitters.

But let's not forget to give this guy some credit too...


That pic's for you, lady readers (Hi Mom!!!). Big time two out double. Gameday made it look like it was smoked, as much as Gameday can. Two hits for Jose, and his first steal of the year. And scoring from second when Werth was playing shallow in center. I'm not sure how he was safe, but I think he was.

It looks like he got his hand in right before Coste applied the tag. Gameday only gives the one replay (which, by the way, is awesome to get replays right after they happen), so I didn't get a better angle of the play.

The angle isn't the best, but the Angel is pretty darn good.

No comments: