Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mental Toughness

We don't have it. It's unfortunate really. I wish we had it. But we don't.

How do I know we don't. ESPN has told me. Sports Illustrated told me. Eric Karabell told me on the Baseball Today podcast. An anonymous GM told me.

Its too bad really. I don't like knowing that if Aaron Heilman gives up a home run he can't come back the next day and strike out two batters with the bases loaded. It disappoints me that Jose Reyes can't bounce back from a 8 for 39 (.205 BA) to go 8 for his next 19 (.421 BA).

I'm concerned because Mike Pelfrey doesn't have "it". I don't think Nelson Figueroa will be able to recover from his world travels, his confidence is probably shot. It's a crying shame that Carlos Beltran has no leadership ability whatsoever.

We still can never beat the Phillies. Their in our heads. Our rotation has too many question marks. The Braves rotation is much more reliable. We won't finish any better than third.

Might as well give up on this season. The experts told me to.

No comments: